Group A/B/C: Improving Professional's Participation in Child Protection Conferences
Queensbridge Road, London, E8 3ND
6 December 2019
09.30 – 13.00
Aim of the course
This course aims to provide participants with an overview of Case Conferences, Child Protection Plans and Core Group meetings .
By the end of the course participants will have greater understanding of:
- The purpose of Child Protection conferences
- Child Protection thresholds & types of abuse and harm
- Hackney’s Child Protection Framework including Signs of Safety/ Strengthening families model
- What is expected of a professional prior to and during the conference
- How to involve Children in Child Protection Conferences and capturing children’s voice/ experience
- Child Protection Plans – focused planning
- Purpose of core group meetings
- The reviewing process and escalation.