Group B/C: Corrective Rape, Faith Based Abuse & Breast Ironing
10th December 2020
10:00 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- This training aims to build competence amongst professionals so that they can identify and support women and girls at risk of experiencing Corrective Rape, Faith Based Abuse and Breast Ironing.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of corrective rape, faith based abuse and breast ironing.
- Identify risk factors that render women and girls vulnerable to these forms of harmful practice.
- Identify the signs that a women or girl is at risk of experiencing these forms of harmful practice.
- Understand policy and legislative frameworks for the prevention of these forms of harmful practices and required safeguarding of women and girls.