Group A/B/C: Introduction to Mental Health
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London, E8 3ND
24th October 2019
09:15 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- To raise awareness of mental health issues, interventions to support mental health service users and knowledge of local services in City and Hackney.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- An increased understanding of mental health and mental distress.
- An increased understanding and awareness of stigma and discrimination.
- Be able to identify the barriers that people experiencing mental distress face on a day to day basis.
- Have an increased knowledge of interventions and treatments used within mental health settings.
- Have an increased knowledge of services available in City & Hackney to support people who experience mental distress.
I now have more knowledge and confidence to work with service users that have mental health issues!
Review Officer, Hackney Adult Social Care Team
Facilitators include: Corrine Maskell