Group B/C: Impact of Neglect and Emotional Abuse on the Development of Children & Young People
2nd February 2021
10:00 – 15:30
Neglect & Emotional Abuse
Aim of the course
- To help participants become more familiar with the impact on children and young people affected by neglect and emotional abuse and the implications of this for decision making about their welfare.
- Support participants to recognise and respond to Neglect early.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Considered recent research findings into physical, psychological and behavioural impact of abuse and neglect on development.
- Considered the impact of abuse and neglect on physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioural development on children of different ages, culture and disability.
- Explored the link between emotional and behavioural distress and maltreatment.
- Identified indicators or abuse/ neglect through observation of parent-child interaction.
An excellent course - I really enjoyed the course and the style of interactive discussions!
Adviser and Advocate, Family Rights Group
Facilitator: Gretchen Precey, Independent Trainer